Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Friend or Acquaintance

I heard it once said "Be as loyal to your friends as you want them to be to you". Are you loyal to your friends? Do you keep your promises? Are you there for your friends in good times and bad? What kind of friend are you? Are you a friend or just an acquaintance? THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. Your relationship with an acquaintance is defined more by contact than by commitment. To me loyalty is a distinct characteristic of a friendship. Two people who are willing to make personal sacrifices for each other, who are LOYAL, and who are simply there at all times is a true friendship. In a true friendship the two who are woven together do not keep score of who owes who... who is right and who is wrong.
If Im going to be honest with you all I must say that the things I listed above are things that I fail at most of the time. I'm not always loyal. I'm not always there through good times and bad times. I'm not willing to put my pride down and say I was wrong. I usually keep score of who does what and when it is done... and this is not being a true friend....
to those whom i have failed...
Sorry.

Challenge: Find a true friend, thank God for them, be open, listen more, and remember... be the kind of friend you would want to have...

John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment