Thursday, October 15, 2009

Take Risks

If I'm completely honest, i'm not much of a dare devil or a risk taker...
I'm scared...scared of the unknown, failure, or even loss.
But what if we truly realized and recognized that God was by our side? What if we really took His hand, realizing He would never let it go?
My friend Rachel is making a huge decision about a huge mission trip... Basically it's eleven countries in eleven months...CRAZY and EXCITING! It's a huge commitment.... It's a risk I would be scared to take... But can you imagine the excitement? Can you imagine the complete Joy of working for God in eleven different countries? Rachel is being bold and taking a risks.

Max Lucado explains taking risks in this way: "He lavished you with strengths in this life and a promise of the next. Go out on a limb; He won't let you fall. Take a big risk; He won't let you fail."

Rachel, go out on that limb and a take a huge risk... He's got your back. Love you!

TO everyone else, be bold... TAKE RISKS FOR JESUS!!!
Today I will begin to remind myself of this everyday!

1 comment: