Saturday, October 17, 2009

Honesty

Maybe I live in an unrealistic world where everyone is honest but it's what I want to believe. I would love to keep believing that people are honest. I want to keep believing that people are real. I want to live in a world where people say what they feel and all cards are out on the table... even the Joker can be seen (the card we usually toss to the side, hidden). People sometimes say "the truth hurts" but at least it's real. I long for the days when we look each other in the eyes and are open with nothing held back... until then...

I wait.


No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar. ~Abraham Lincoln

A half truth is a whole lie. ~Yiddish Proverb

Look a man in the eye and say what you really think, don't just smile at him and say what you'resupposed to think.

I have found that being honest is the best technique I can use. Right up front, tell people what you're trying to accomplish and what you're willing to sacrifice to accomplish it.

1 comment:

  1. My mother-in-law says, "you are either honest or you are not" - there is not a lot of gray area in the honesty category.

    ReplyDelete