Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pressing On...

Philippians 3.13-14
Today during staff chapel our pastor read from the book of Philippians. He spoke the words that are found in chapter three, in verses 13 – 14.
“… But one thing I do know: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

These words were spoken for me this morning. Even though there were others in the room I knew God was telling me that I was doing the right thing. “Forgetting what is behind” – those words are what I needed to hear. My focus is not in my past any longer. My focus is on my future. Today is a fresh start.

So today:
I will love with everything I have.
I will try new things.
I will smile and laugh more.
I will sing praises for a new day.
I will remember who I was and who I am.
I will pray more often.
I will make good decisions.
I will give honest answers.

Today, I will press on toward the goal!

1 comment:

  1. I felt like what Andy said was for me today, too! I didn't go to staff chapel much in the fall and was so glad that I went today!!! I love what he said about Saints have a past and sinners have a future! I'm so glad that we get to work together!!!

    ReplyDelete