Saturday, February 13, 2010

I had a decent night...

Ever since I was diagnosed with a skin disorder/disease I have not had a good night's sleep in forever. I'm constantly up and down placing cold compresses on my entire body and taking medicine and making sure my body is coated in some form of "itch relief" lotion. Yesterday I even tried light therapy which seemed to help. At this moment I'm willing to try anything.

Last night was the first night of rest (decent) in a long time. It was very nice...very, very nice! People asked what I did differently but the truth is... nothing. I did everything I've been doing but for some reason I slept really well.

In my heart I think it's been the prayers of family and friends. Philippians 4:6 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I truly believe it's been the prayers of faithful family members and friends. God hears the cries of His children. What ever you are facing or dealing with give it all to God.

Today I will rejoice in finding five hours of sleep and not itching. Might sound funny to most, but for me it was sweet relief.

Many thanks to God and my family, friends, and church family! May God Bless YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment